Three Vision Plan Options
New for 2023, you have three vision plans to choose from, all administered by Davis Vision:
- The Value Plan—offers higher copays and lower allowances for services and materials
- The Standard Plan—most closely resembles the current vision plan, enhanced with a laser surgery allowance
- The Plus Plan—offers the lowest copays and higher allowances for services and materials, including laser surgery. You must remain in the Plus Plan for at least two consecutive years.
You do not have to enroll in medical coverage to elect vision coverage.
New for 2023: A fourth coverage tier for vision
You can now choose from among the following coverage tiers: employee only, employee + child(ren), employee + spouse, and employee + spouse and child(ren).
The vision plans cover the same basic services, including:
- An eye exam every calendar year
- Single-vision, bifocal, trifocal, and lenticular lenses, or contact lenses every calendar year
- Eyeglass frames every year or every other year, depending on the plan you choose
The benefit frequency, your copayment, and your allowance for eyewear vary by plan. Only the Standard and Plus plans offer a laser eye surgery benefit. The Plus Plan requires a two-year enrollment commitment.
Where to Learn More: Tools to Help You Choose
To compare coverage and what you’ll pay for services under the three plans, review the Vision Plan Comparison Chart (pdf).
As with our dental plans, your vision premiums are based on the dependents you cover. To see what you’ll pay for coverage, review the Monthly Premiums for 2023 (pdf).