Protect yourself every flu season by getting your flu vaccination through Sandia’s annual onsite flu shot clinic. Sandia employees can get a free flu shot.
Employees in New Mexico can receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster. Click here for dates/times. Call 505-284-4700, option 1 to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine or booster.
Allergies can affect your quality of life, and treatment can improve how you feel and reduce the likelihood of new allergies developing.
Using Sandia’s allergy shot clinic to receive your shots can save you time and money. Contact your site’s clinic to learn more.
After your initial injection from your allergist or personal doctor, you can begin using the allergy shot clinic.
Once you set up your shots at the allergy shot clinic, you do not need to schedule appointments for follow-up visits; just walk in to the clinic when it’s time for your injections.
Be sure to bring the following with you on your first visit:
- An authorization from your allergist
- Your allergy extract
- Your injection schedule with your allergist’s instructions
Plan to stay at the allergy shot clinic for 30 minutes after your injection to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction.
You can get lab tests and phlebotomy services at Sandia’s medical clinics. This saves you a trip to an offsite clinic and helps Sandia’s health professionals and your offsite primary care physician diagnose, treat, and monitor your health.
We provide lab services for occupational health monitoring, disease management, preventive screenings, and urgent health care needs.
Sandia’s onsite labs can perform certain lab work requested by your personal doctor or provider under your medical plan’s in-network benefits.
To have your physician-ordered tests performed onsite:
- Schedule an external fasting lab draw or external non-fasting lab draw appointment as indicated on your lab requisition form. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday only.
- After making your appointment, and no later than 24 hours before your appointment, fax a copy of your lab requisition form to the Sandia Clinical Laboratory (505-844-2608 in New Mexico; 925-294-2392 in California). The lab will contact you if we cannot process your lab work onsite.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and photo ID, and be prepared to complete additional paperwork as required by your health plan.
Also, be sure to bring paper copies of all lab requisition forms. Your physician lab requisition order forms include:
- Patient’s full name, address, and phone number
- Patient’s date of birth
- Clear description of the tests being ordered
- Doctor’s name, address, and phone and fax numbers
- Date of the order
- Fasting versus non-fasting requirement
- Test diagnosis code for insurance billing
For external fasting lab draw appointments, you will need to fast 12 hours prior to your appointment. Remember to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. You can take your prescribed medications while you fast.