What you need to know
Sandia provides you with basic life insurance coverage, including travel and accident insurance, at no cost to you.
You also have the option to purchase additional coverage if you and your family need it.
Sandia-Paid Life and Accident Insurance Coverage
Sandia provides eligible employees with primary group term life insurance and travel and accident insurance coverage. These benefits are provided at no cost to you – Sandia pays the full premium for these plans.
You are automatically enrolled in:
- Primary group term life insurance, provided through Prudential. The plan pays benefits to your designated beneficiaries if you die.
- Travel and accident insurance, provided through Axis Insurance. The plan pays benefits if you die or suffer injuries resulting from a covered accident that occurs while you are on Sandia premises or traveling for Sandia business.
Voluntary Life and Accident Insurance Coverage
You can elect additional voluntary life and/or accident insurance coverage for yourself and/or your eligible dependents through MetLife. You pay your premiums for this coverage through convenient payroll deductions.
Your insurance options include:
- Voluntary life insurance – extra life insurance protection for your family in the event of your death
- Voluntary group accident insurance – extra accident coverage for yourself, as well as coverage for your spouse and child(ren)
- Dependent group life insurance – life insurance coverage for your spouse and child(ren)
Keep your beneficiary designations up to date
Your beneficiary designations determine who receives a benefit payout in the event of a covered death or injury.
Be sure to periodically review and keep your beneficiary information up to date. Contact your plan’s provider for the paper or online forms to complete, or contact HR Solutions for assistance.
Contacts and Resources
Adding to the Family?
From pregnancy, to newborn days at home, to returning to work, Sandia’s Expectant Parent Program supports you through the baby steps of the parenting journey.
You may be eligible to sign up and pay for a variety of discounted insurance programs through convenient payroll deductions. Learn more about the Sandia Extras program, which includes auto, home, disability, legal, and pet insurance, plus identity theft protection.