What you need to know
Sandia’s employee and labor relations program provides and administers labor agreements, policies and guidance.
About Employee and Labor Relations
Sandia’s employee and labor relations program and team members work to:
- Enable Sandia management to maintain a work environment to encourage employees to function at their highest potential within Sandia’s culture
- Advise all levels of management on employee–management issues as guided by Sandia policy, applicable collective bargaining agreements, and employee and labor law
- Advise management in discipline and termination procedures
- Guidance on represented employee issues and collective bargaining agreement interpretation
We can assist with a range of issues and needs, including:
- Suspended and denied security clearances
- Performance improvement plans
- Corrective discipline
- Compensation and level questions for represented employees
- Hours of work for represented employees
- Support for leave of absence and FMLA
- Employment separations and terminations
Collective Bargaining Agreements
Certain Sandia employees are represented by unions: Metal Trades Council (MTC), Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), and Security Police Association (SPA).
Refer to the Unions page to learn more and/or access copies of current collective bargaining agreements.
Contacts and Resources
Sandia Human Resources Business Partners
Sandia Ethics Helpline: 505-845-9900
Support for issues big and small
Connect with HR Solutions when you need a hand.
Setting clear goals and expectations
Performance management is an important Sandia business process. Make sure you and your manager work together to establish your goals each year, and check in regularly to discuss your progress. The timing and process is slightly different for represented and non-represented employees.