What you need to know
Instead of just surviving stressful times, learn to thrive. Foster a sense of meaning in your life, learn to let go of stressful emotions, create positive emotional moments, and nurture your relationships. Thriving leads to better health outcomes and work performance as well as higher levels of life satisfaction.
Thrive Health Action Plan
Our flexible health action plan program puts you in the driver’s seat and allows us to help you create a highly personalized plan to meet your individual health goals and tackle your personal obstacles. One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to change readiness, but every step towards better health counts, so we’ll meet you where you and work at your pace.
Join the Thrive HAP to improve your mental and emotional well-being, manage stress, find your purpose in life and more.
Some areas on which you can focus include:
- Practicing mindfulness and meditation
- Improving work-life balance
- Developing stress management skills
- Developing resilience
- Nurturing relationships
- Finding joy
- Deepening social connections at work or in the community
- Creating meaningful goals
- Managing negativity and producing positivity
- Broadening perspective
When you enroll in the Thrive HAP, you’re first step is to complete an intake assessment form to evaluate your current health and habits and help you determine the best areas to focus upon. Once you’ve submitted the intake, we will contact you to schedule an initial appointment with a health coach to define your goals and customize an action plan that includes available onsite and virtual resources and services.
What’s happening this month
Every month we offer classes and opportunities to learn new thriving skills, including Mind-Body Recharge.
Check the HR Events Calendar for details about the classes and events offered this month. Use the filter Health: Thrive/Stress Management to make your search easier.
Resources and Supporting Activities
- Employee assistance program – Learn more about the Sandia resources available to help you and your family members deal with life stressors, whether it’s a work-related, personal, or family issue.
- Energy Hubs – Our Energy Hub locations are spaces for mindfulness, meditation, stretching, and movement that can help you recharge, restore, and renew your mind and body for increased productivity, health, and safety. Telecommuting? Create your own home hub.
- Schedule a biofeedback or stress appointment with a health coach at 505-284-4700.
- Health on the Go session – bring a health coach to your organization, center, or division meeting for individualized health education on how to thrive, manage stress, and use our tools and resources to live well.
- Fitness classes (try out yoga or tai chi) – Our staff of certified exercise professionals offer a variety of onsite group fitness classes. To participate, you must complete the PAR-Q form.
- Health coaching – Our health coaches can help you develop the skills you need to become your best self, including coping and resiliency, stress management, and relationship building. Call HR Solutions to request a stress appointment.
- Emotional Well-being – Comprehensive and integrated list of Sandia resources that support mental and emotional well-being
- RethinkCare – guided stress reduction and mindfulness activities
- Virgin Pulse – track your activity and healthy habits
- Virtual Fitness classes – (try out yoga or tai chi) – Our staff of certified exercise professionals offer a variety of onsite group fitness classes. To participate, you must complete the PAR-Q form.
- Mind-Body Recharge – Improve mental focus and energy without calories or caffeine in this short session designed to recharge you for the rest of the day with a guided meditation practice and/or movement break.
- Take 10 Initiative – High performance requires recovery, so take a 10-minute restorative break at the end of your meetings.
- HR Video Library – Browse the HR Video Library for stress management and mindfulness classes
- Nine Ways Mindfulness Reduces Stress (article)
Contact Employee Health Services
Preventive Health Services (New Mexico)
505-284-4700, Option 1 (phone lines open at 7 a.m.)
MO307 (behind Buildings 831 and 832)
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MT, Monday through Friday
Preventive Health Services (California)
Building 925 and MO32/Fitness Hub
7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday
Become Your Best Self
Our health coaches can help you develop the skills you need to become your best self, including coping and resiliency, stress management, and relationship building. Call HR Solutions to request a stress appointment. Contact the stress team at firstname.lastname@example.org.